Sybase support for 12.5
unknown
2009-12-12 00:31:39 UTC
Kindly i need to know when the support for sybase 12.5 will
stop?

Thanks
Laurent Parodi
2009-12-12 15:29:54 UTC
Hi

EOL for 12.5.x is 12/31/2009

See http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1053693

Cheers
Thanks
Mark A. Parsons
2009-12-12 16:10:37 UTC
What's your definition of 'support'?

After 31 December 2009 Sybase will cease providing new EBFs (eg, bug fixes, new features) for ASE 12.5.x.

Sybase has already discontinued selling the ASE 12.5.x software to new customers.

ASE 12.5.x is still available for download (via SPDC) for pre-existing clients; though I have no idea if the 12.5.x
downloads will still be available after 31 December 2009. [NOTE: My SPDC accounts currently have access to various ASE
downloads going back to 12.0 - ymmv.]

ASE 12.5.4 EBFs are still available for download (via the EBF download site); though I have no idea if the 12.5.4 EBF
downloads will still be available after 31 December 2009. [NOTE: My MySybase accounts have a smattering of 12.0 -
12.5.4 EBFs available for download - ymmv.]

After 31 December 2009, and assuming you have a current/valid support contract, you *can* contact Sybase TS with
issues/questions regarding ASE 12.5.x. Valid/potential tech support recommendations could cover a wide spectrum ... SQL
code changes, dataserver config changes, OS config/patch changes, applying currently-available ASE 12.5.x EBFs (again, I
have no idea how long 12.5.x EBFs will be available), etc. - the one resolution you won't receive is the promise of a
new EBF to fix a bug. [And obviously (?) you'll get a recommendation to upgrade to ASE 15.x.]

After 31 December 2009 your ASE 12.5.x software will continue to function normally.

After 31 December 2009 your licensable ASE 12.5.x features (eg, EFTS, encryption, etc) will continue to function up

until your license expiration date. [NOTE: None of the 12.5.x licenses I've seen have had an expiration date, so
license renewals may not be an issue - ymmv.]
Kindly i need to know when the support for sybase 12.5 will stop?
Thanks
unknown