How to find if the sybase device is on local disk or SAN Storage?
unknown
2009-10-30 05:30:18 UTC

I am in the process of checking disk throughput of sybase
devices. How can I check if a particular sybase device file
is on local disk or SAN Storage?. Thanks
unknown
2009-11-04 04:04:33 UTC
The true answer is to ask the Operating System Administrator.
There is no way to tell within ASE.
If you are on a unix host, you may be able to make an educated guess by examining the disk controllers.
In the solaris world, c0 & c1 may be local, but c11 & c12 may be san storage.
--
Cory Sane
[TeamSybase]
Hi,
james
2009-11-05 06:38:00 UTC
There are phyical address of devices in master..sysdevices table.
And then If you know the position of this fact physical address, you
gotta the answer

Hobbylu
[not teamsybase]
certified sybase associate dba
www.sybedit.com
Author of logdigger( translate syslog to sql)
powersybedit(recovery data from corrupt device)
procdebug(for sybase procedure debug)
sybapp(a tool replace dbcc log)