cannot select from a view
unknown
2009-12-08 14:19:34 UTC
I have a view that exists in sysobjects but I am unable to
select from it

not found. Specify owner.objectname or use sp_help to check
whether the object exists (sp_help may produce lots of
output).

the owner (user_id) of this view is empty

could you please advise?

thanks
Mark A. Parsons
2009-12-08 14:34:01 UTC
Replacing <view_name> with the name of your view, please post the *entire* output from running the following (preferably
using the isql command line utility):

===============
select @@version
go
select top 1 * from <view_name>
go
select user_name(uid),name,type
from sysobjects where name = '<view_name>'
go
sp_help <view_name>
go
thanks