Restrict application data access to sa/DBA - Is this possible
unknown
2009-11-20 10:56:44 UTC
ASE 12.5.4

Is it possible to restrict access to private/ application
data (like HR tables) to DBAs with sa_role from a user
database?

Thanks,
Naveen.
mpeppler@peppler.org [Team Sybase]
2009-11-22 06:59:58 UTC
Post by unknown
ASE 12.5.4
Is it possible to restrict access to private/ application
data (like HR tables) to DBAs with sa_role from a user
database?
It is possible if you use encryption. This isn't too hard to set up,
but requires having the encryption license.

Michael
Leonid Gvirtz
2009-11-22 11:35:15 UTC
Post by ***@peppler.org [Team Sybase]
Post by unknown
ASE 12.5.4
Is it possible to restrict access to private/ application
data (like HR tables) to DBAs with sa_role from a user
database?
It is possible if you use encryption. This isn't too hard to set up,
but requires having the encryption license.
Michael
Hi

I think that the data protection from sa (via key custodian role etc.)
was introduced in ASE 15.0.2 only. As far as I know, it is not available
in ASE 12.5.4. See the New Features Guide for ASE 15.0.2 for more details.

Hope it helps
Leonid Gvirtz