Compatibility of ASE15.0.3 with REP Server 12.5
unknown
2009-10-27 08:56:09 UTC
Can I have ASE 15.0.3 as Primary as well as standby with REP
Server 12.5?. Thanks
Mark A. Parsons
2009-10-27 15:06:51 UTC
Yes, what you propose is doable.

However, the older version of repserver will not be able to support some of the newer features of the dataserver, such as:

- long identifier names
- computed columns
- SQL statement replication
- replication of DDL statements that are new with ASE 15.x (eg, semantic partitioning, column-level encryption)

If you attempt to replicate some of these newer features you may find that the repserver generates errors and/or ceases
to function properly (due to the shutdown of certain internal threads).
Server 12.5?. Thanks
Mark A. Parsons