sp_spaceused in ASE 15.0.3
unknown
2009-10-27 21:10:21 UTC
Hi ALL,

'sp_spaceused' is not working in ASE 15.0.3 because
following fucntions have been changed in this version.

rowcnt ( doampg )
data_pgs( objid, { doampg | ioampg } )
reserved_pgs( objid, { doampg | ioampg } )

So, How can I get the same output of 'sp_spaceused' in this
version. I'm not sure why Sybase didn't modified the system
procedures as per the new version. Is there any other
fuction replacing 'sp_spaceused' , Please let me know.

Regards
Mark A. Parsons
2009-10-27 21:36:11 UTC
Sybase *DID* modify the system stored procs to use the new functions.

I'd suggest you contact your DBA and have them investigate the issue. My guess is that someone forgot to run the
installmaster script after the dataserver was upgraded from 11.x/12.x to 15.x, thus explaining why you've got problems
with sp_spaceused.

It may also be possible that someone (DBA?) has been loading their own version of sp_spaceused into the dataserver and
said person (DBA?) has failed to update their code accordingly.
Regards
unknown
2009-10-28 19:26:04 UTC
Thanks !!

The issue is resolved after running installmaster.
unknown
2009-10-28 19:26:04 UTC

Carl Kayser
2009-10-28 10:10:42 UTC
Post by unknown
Hi ALL,
'sp_spaceused' is not working in ASE 15.0.3 because
following fucntions have been changed in this version.
rowcnt ( doampg )
data_pgs( objid, { doampg | ioampg } )
reserved_pgs( objid, { doampg | ioampg } )
So, How can I get the same output of 'sp_spaceused' in this
version. I'm not sure why Sybase didn't modified the system
procedures as per the new version. Is there any other
fuction replacing 'sp_spaceused' , Please let me know.
Regards
You might want to run sp_version since it should show you which versions of
the various install files have been run.
Carl Kayser
Mark A. Parsons