Database load taking huge time on UAT server
श्रीकान्त
2010-09-07 12:33:06 UTC

I need help to sort out one issue in my environment. We have sybase
ASE 12.5.4/EBF 16816 on
production, QA & UAT. Database size is 240GB. The database load on QA
from production takes approx 1.5 Hrs but same dump when loaded on UAT
took more than 7 hours. I don't
see any issues from sybase ASE side for this delay then what causing
this delay. I suspect its OS or disk related problem. Is there any way
to prove this and how to reduce the load time in this case. Let me
know if you need any other details.

Thanks
Shree
Sathesh
2010-10-09 07:45:50 UTC
Hi Shree,

1. Is there any error messages reported in backup server errolog?
2. Can you drop and re-create the database with for load option and
then try loading the dump? This might help you , not sure though!

Thanks,
Sathesh.S