ASE 15.0.3 for Windows x86-32Bit
hari
2010-11-02 06:20:00 UTC
Hi ,
Now we are running ASE 15.0.3 for Windows x86-32Bit in Windows 2003
Server, but now our company plain to buy Windows 2008 Server 64 bit. ,
above ASE can run in this new Server .

Regards,
Harimanikandan.V
garrett devine
2010-11-03 21:55:49 UTC
I think you can run the 32-bit ASE on 64-bit Windows. a number of 32-
bit apps run under 64-bit but just use the 32-bit l;ibraries, so do
not take advantage of the wider address bus.

Perhaps you should take the opportunity to upgrade. 64-bit ASE will
allow you to push past the 4GB limit imposed by 32-bit Windows. Most
dataservers will benefit from more memory.

Time to contact Sybase and download the software and start testing!

Regards,
Garrett Devine
www.ddsafe.co.uk
Bespoke Database Managed Solutions for Microsoft SQL Server and Sybase
database servers