sp_flushstats
unknown
2008-10-16 06:53:28 UTC
Hello all,

I am using sp_flushstats in a script and needs to know the
warning and error that indicate that sp_flushstat didn't
work well.

Could you please tell me what indicates that sp_flushstats
did not perform well?

I saw Error 3019 and 3020. Any other errors and warnings?

thanks
Manish Negandhi
2008-10-16 08:45:43 UTC
Post by unknown
Hello all,
I am using sp_flushstats in a script and needs to know the
warning and error that indicate that sp_flushstat didn't
work well.
Could you please tell me what indicates that sp_flushstats
did not perform well?
I saw Error 3019 and 3020. Any other errors and warnings?
thanks
I think these are the error numbers you might want to look at 6008,
6009, 6010, 6011, 3019, 3020, and 3021

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/topic/com.sybase.39996_1250/html/svrtsg/svrtsg335.htm?resultof=%22%36%30%30%38%22%20

-HTH
Manish Negandhi
[TeamSybase]
unknown
2008-10-17 16:10:24 UTC
hello.

I just need to know what are the error codes and warning
that should not be ignored and that are related to
sp_flushstats

the errors that you sent me are server errors that are not
related to sp_flushstats

thank you for your support
Post by unknown
thanks
I think these are the error numbers you might want to look
at 6008, 6009, 6010, 6011, 3019, 3020, and 3021
http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/topic/com.sybase.39996_1250/html/svrtsg/svrtsg335.htm?resultof="6008"
-HTH
Manish Negandhi
[TeamSybase]
Sherlock, Kevin [TeamSybase]
2008-10-17 19:14:28 UTC
Daniel,
I would think that _any_ errors returned by sp_flushstats should not be
ignored. What are you trying to accomplish?

One of the main reasons that i could see sp_flushstats "failing" is if the
database is in "read-only" mode, or you don't have "dbo" authority.

[TeamSybase]
unknown
2008-10-18 12:32:48 UTC
hi
I am trying to build a script that calls sp_flushstats and
therefore need to catch the error that will cause my script
to exit
thanks