Virtual Memmory errors showing up in errorlog
unknown
2005-09-29 13:12:15 UTC
select @@version

I keep seeing the following messages in the errorlog for the
last week and occur about every second. The errorlog is up
to half a gig now.

About the time that these messages started appearing, we
power had flickered. Connectivity to the server was lost
briefly.
Around the same time I also tried increasing the amount of
default data cache from 100 MB to 200 MB, but I got a
meassage back saying that the amount that I wanted could not
be allocated so it configured only 116 MB. I tried changing
back to 100 MB, but this requires resatring ASE.

Can anyone tell me what I should do to resolve this error?

20168: os_create_region: Failed to get virtual memory
information.
20110: kbcreate: couldn't create server region 7.
20208: Retrying shared memory allocation with smaller size
1048576 bytes.
20207: Allocating a shared memory segment of size 1048576
bytes.
3438: NT operating system error 87 in module
'e:\ase1252\porttree\svr\sql\nt386\ksource\blkmem\osmntmmap.c'
at line 467: The parameter is incorrect. .

Thanks
Mike
Jason L. Froebe [Team Sybase]
2005-09-30 16:39:33 UTC
Post by unknown
[...]
Hi Mike,

Sounds like you don't have enough memory available. Either add ram to
the box or increase your swap file size
--
Jason L. Froebe

"There is usually a balance between the left and the right... checks &
balances... the bane of the government but the boon of the people" -
Jason L. Froebe

WebBlog http://jfroebe.livejournal.com

TeamSybase (http://www.teamsybase.com)
ISUG member (http://www.isug.com)